Leading FMCG Brand : Successful Implementaion of UnitXPro
Currently, The FMCG Company has 57 warehouses managed by 50 service providers in India thereby increasing operational complexities and communication issues. The company believes in “Performance with Purpose” – a goal to deliver top-tier financial performance while creating sustainable growth and shareholder value. Their products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. Generating in 2015 more than US $63 billion in net revenue, they are also driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio, including 22 brands that generate more than US $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Every company wants to grow but achieving growth comes with its own stress and anxiety within the organisation. Generally companies grow either organically or inorganically or they want to optimize their existing operations to generate better profits. To achieve this growth, companies usually expand their organisation structure by adding levels of positions to ensure that the last person in the hierarchy – “The Unit Manager” who is the actual touch point between the company and their customers is doing his job well.
In an environment where over and above preforming the daily activities, unit manager has to deal with multiple complexities like dealing with various compliance and govt. agencies, his family life, manpower issues, etc. it is a huge challenge to expect consistency and efficiency.
In this ever increasing cost structure situation and unavailability of experienced unit managers and trained resources, The FMCG Company has found itself under a lot of pressure to achieve the desired growth and profitability in India by maintaining such a large organization structure for ensuring standardization of its processes and to improve efficiency across its supply chain ecosystem.
UnitXPro was implemented at the FMCG Company through a structured ten weeks engagement program to ensure adoption of the new way of working at the units. The engagement ensured that everyone was aligned to the common goal of making this implementation a success.
By implementing UnitXpro at their units the FMCG Company benefited in many ways:
- UnitXPro has prioritized the daily tasks using the proactive calendar management system and task-lists and also provides a tool for instant collaboration and feedback.
- The Company now does not have to spend on classroom trainings as UnitXPro comes with built-in e-Learning media that can be easily understood by the people at the units. In addition, they are now able to connect with the right person to solve their issues using an innovative feature in the system called “WIDAQ” (when in doubt, ask question).
- UnitXPro’s ability to prescribe the course of action to be taken for a situation ensures that issues are closed immediately and do not reoccur.
- All activities are now recorded in a central repository which can be used for data mining and for planning performance improvements.
- By providing a complete toolkit at the unit, UnitXPro has allowed the Company to effectively operationalize resources faster with reduced cost structures.
- As UnitXPro adheres to global standards and is structured according to industry best practices, it has ensured standardization of processes across the Company. This has also provided the Company the ability to implement Six Sigma improvement cycles.
Successful implementation of UnitXPro has helped me to become “Owner Manager” and take on a leadership role in the Company” – Unit Manager of a Unit
The benefits that the FMCG Company has been able to attain is indicative of the value that UnitXPro can deliver to any organization;
- Reduction in the risk generated by not doing daily routine tasks has reduced by 36% after just three months of UnitXPro implementation at the units.
- Due to the ability of transferring tasks in UnitXPro when a person is unavailable or unable to perform, has increased the probability of task getting completed on time by more than 60%.
- Unit Manager now has a complete toolkit like a “Virtual Buddy” to manage his unit and all the other touch points within his Unit’s ecosystem.
- Anyone can now easily give feedback and suggestions thereby improving the overall efficiency of the units.
An efficient unit manager will enhance the productivity and cost optimization thereby serving the client better and improve P&L of the organisation”. – Business Head